• 28 years later...

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by DocJohn

Good picture including the open-ended "observation". Somewhere in my collection I have picture of GP-40P pulling 10+ cars into Raritan station with the "observation" bringing up the end.

DocJohn
Macon, GA

by NJTRailfan

Doc John, What year is your photo from and can you post it? Thanks

by DocJohn

I took the picture before the yard-lead tracks were taken up in front of the Raritan station. Believe that would put it prior to sometime in 1975.

When the gasoline shortage hit in 1973, I started taking the train from Raritan to Dunellen and return every workday as I worked in the National Starch lab on the corver of Rock Ave. and Front St. I was around the station and trains during that time and also got to know some of the crew members. I also lived near the yard on Helene Place in raritan.

John

by creeker

Two of the CNJ tank cars from Bayhead are at Pine Creek. The other was sent to Strasburg for the Pennsylvaina Railroad Museum.

-Eric

by Urban D Kaye

Here's another pic, slightly better view of the obs car...