• Apathy/lethargy/stagnation on the NYA Forum

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by The Tenth Legion

Question: The NYA is the only game in town for fans of freight railroading from Bay Ridge to Bridgehampton. Why is it that this forum sometimes goes a week or more without anything, not a contribution or a question from anyone? A lot of questions are asked and go unanswered, for example, why hasn't the siding in Pine-Aire been repaired and why is there a cut of loaded high-side gondolas spotted at the west end as of this past Thursday? Anything about NYA trains out and about is noteworthy, their power, consist, customers they served, heading, etc. Hang in there and keep posting on the NYA forum. Thanks.
  by freightguy

I spoke to the crew of the RS 60 out in Riverhead on Friday. They said things are generally slow right now. Slower than normal due to the economy. There is still about 300 ft of track missing at west end of Pineaire and repairs are tough were the one car flipped by signal box. They also abolished the RS 30 where went everywhere because of lack of costumer activity. The more recent RS 40 now covers a good portion of work. I am suprised with the abolishing of the RS 30.

I asked about the Blissville switch and it's supposedly for a garbage costumer that will come online down in that area. Most of the other news was negative, the two crew members from 60 have been with NYA since startup.
  by michel

Most of the "inside information" you are looking for was almost always contributed by employees who posted here, or former employees who may still have had knowledge of what went (or still) goes on there.

Most of those employees no longer work for the company, and thus can't provide the good information you're looking for. The current management team can be described as paranoid control freaks at best, and would probably frown on employees posting "sensitive company information" on a public forum such as this. So if there are any current employees that post on here, they're keeping quiet.
  by freightguy

Most of the "inside information" you are looking for was almost always contributed by employees who posted here, or former employees who may still have had knowledge of what went (or still) goes on there.

Most of those employees no longer work for the company, and thus can't provide the good information you're looking for. The current management team can be described as paranoid control freaks at best, and would probably frown on employees posting "sensitive company information" on a public forum such as this. So if there are any current employees that post on here, they're keeping quiet

Yea I agree alot more dirty laundry used to aired here. This forum kind of sucks now, it seems employee moral is in the trenches also. Maybe FLK wasn't so bad
  by mutz155

MAYBE IT IS JUST A BORING RAILROAD WITH BORING PEOPLE (EXCEPT JAY AND DON) AND BORING SAME OLE DAY TO DAY -EXCEPT IF YOU ARE FROM THE PAST (THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS GONE - REALLY!)
  by jayrmli

Hey Mutz! Glad to see all is well.

Really guys, I don't see what about this railroad is that fascinating. You've got about 8 engines, most not having received a decent coat of paint in many years, pulling a few cars. It's not all that fun to watch. Go up to the River Line, or over to New Jersey to see some real freight action. To quote Frank Drebbin from the Naked Gun "Please disperse! There is nothing to see here!"

Jay
  by phantom

Hey Freightguy,

We still deliver a lot of tomato sauce for tsunami victims! Past, present and future, know what I mean?