• Mt. Morris Lackawanna Station

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Caseyjim

Does anyone have any idea of what is going to be done with the Mt. Morris Lackawanna station now that the owner's proposed use as a recording studio has been nixed by town officials? I remember meeting relatives at the train there back in 1961 and I think it would be a good location for a local history museum of some sort. Just a thought.
  by Otto Vondrak

It's been boarded up for as long as I have known... I though the railroad still owned it for some reason.

Would be great to see it restored, but I can imagine a bunch of fences and other additions going on that would alter the appearance of the area...
  by Conrail4evr

Yeah, things may head South...the guy who wanted to use it for a record studio was a younger guy and friendly toward railfans (as in didn't mind us on his property there, so long as we weren't destructing anything or doing anything else that's stupid). He was actually looking for photos of the station from back in it's heyday to frame and put inside, but with this change of events, ownership may change, and as was said, who knows what will happen then (fences, cops called on any railfans who step foot near it, etc. - it's happened at many other places already). We'll just have to wait and see...