Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by Komachi

28 December, 2008.

For the past five weeks, I have been undergoing tests at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and about three weeks ago, was diagnosed with a rare, but treatable form of Testicular Cancer. As of 26 December, 2008, I have begun Chemotherapy, which my Oncologist thinks has a 90+ percent chance of curing my malignancy and I will NOT require further surgery or radiation.

That being said, effective immediately, I am stepping down as moderator of both the Canadian Pacific and Canadian National Forums. I have been contemplating turning these forums over to Ken for a while now, and feel that the time has come to relinquish control to his capable hands. I will continue to assist Ken during the transition of power, however, I would like to see another of you, the membership, step up and assist Ken in moderating duties.

I am honored to have had the opportunity to moderate these two forums for the past 4-5 years, or so, and will continue to participate in the discussions from time-to-time.

I thank you for your participation in these forums, and hope that you show Ken and his, yet-to-be-named assistant the same, if not more, respect that you have shown me during my time as moderator. I also hope that you will continue to conduct yourselves in a civil matter, and that Ken will not have to call on his own shadow army of ninjas to help quell any insurrections.

Respectfully submitted,
- Erik Paulson, a.k.a. “Komachi”
  by Ken V

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Komachi for all his efforts in keeping these forums running smoothly and for assisting me with some related matters. I hope you will join with me in wishing Erik well in his treatment for cancer and for a speedy and full recovery.
  by 3rdrail

Erik -
Looking forward to you beating this thing and returning full time on RR.net to contribute once again. Good luck and may God bless !
Your friend,
Paul.
  by Komachi

Paul,

Thanks for the morale booster, it's greatly appreciated. And I fully intend on beating this thing... I'm not going down quietly.

Although, let me assure you, I'm not stepping down entirely from my moderating duties. I just felt now was a good time to turn the CP and CN forums over to Ken. He's done a great job as my co-moderator and I know he will be a great moderator for these forums.

Regards,
- Erik