Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by SAABotaged900S

I enjoyed this years Open House...one question, what was up with the old SPV 2000s? I noticed they were close to the shop...and one wasnt totally gutted. I also stopped to check out the MTA police and their equipment, being my major in John Jay is police science. My friend was amazed they actually had the unit that checks the percentages of tinted glass in cars. I took about 40 somethin pictures...I'll try to post some soon

by DutchRailnut

The SPV's are being readied for shipment to NY&W historical society. they are just not in hurry as they have been working on them for a year now.

by emfinite

I was talking to the two gentlemen who were responsible for acquiring the 6 SPV 2000 cars from Metro-North for the historical society. I hear they paid $22,000 for the set. Quite a steal. I want myself an FL9 now!

by Fred G

DJ wrote: I'll share screenshots if anybody is interested.
Please do; I'd love to see them.