• Juniata Valley Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by rushhour

I'm going on a little trip soon and Im not familair with this railroad at all so pardon my stupidness. :D Where do they keep there engines? What days a times do they run? What kind of engines do they have? Any help would be great!

Take care
  by bwparker1

MOre info at

http://www.nshr.com

There engine is kept near the Lewistown Amtrak Station. It is a brnad new engine house. I don't know much about actual operations, they do most o their work right at the MDCIC area. They have one switcher an SW1500 I believe.. They can also run to Burhnam and Maitland. Getting there early in the morning 7:00 is your best bet.

Brooks

by rushhour

Thanks, to much success I saw them in Lewistown this past Friday. Neat little operation they have there. They have a ton of trackage as well. Overall this is a neat place to visit if your in the area. :D

Take care

by bwparker1

Rushour,

Where did yo useem them running, was it in the Lewistown Industral park or did you seem them on one of there branches? Any pictures? Cheers,
Brooks

by rushhour

I was at the station and I also took a drive to there yard. But as I waited at the station they went by me. I was using video at the time. But I'll see if my friend can upload his pics that he took.

by rushhour

Thanks Andrew! I could have swore that you had more pics but its still nice to see them. Brings back memories :wink:

Take care,