• D & H to Fresh Pond

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Chicagorail1

F.Y.I .this was in our weekly R.I.A. Bulletins:

SARATOGA NOTICE: The SP pool (train 416/417) in Saratoga will be back in the 7 day mark beginning the week of 12/1/08, planned to run Sundays and Thursdays to NYC with return. This pool will remain in the 7 day mark until further notice. The corresponding 7 day mark choice is SP01 for both Engineer and Conductor.
  by DogBert

Most interesting - though i'm confused - did they stop coming down for the 3 round trips for awhile or have they added more round trips between Fresh Pond & Sarasota? I haven't paid attention to if they've been running as they usual have as of late...
  by oknazevad

DogBert wrote:Most interesting - though i'm confused - did they stop coming down for the 3 round trips for awhile or have they added more round trips between Fresh Pond & Sarasota? I haven't paid attention to if they've been running as they usual have as of late...
Wow, Sarasota! That's a good long haul! :wink:
  by DogBert

yeah since they're canada owned they don't have those peski hours of service laws to worry about... Heh! I must be going senile in my middle age.