• slash through the letter on lrvs

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSX Conductor

Another reason you wont see the A line restored is that a few years ago the city of Newton spent a huge amount of $$$$ on widening Tremont Street,intsalling new water & sewerage beneath ground, and then repaving. :wink:

by octr202

CSX Conductor wrote:Another reason you wont see the A line restored is that a few years ago the city of Newton spent a huge amount of $$$$ on widening Tremont Street,intsalling new water & sewerage beneath ground, and then repaving. :wink:
As well as the traffic quagmire that is Brighton Center, and what would no doubt be the fun of adding LRVs running against the flow of traffic in one direction to the Newton Corner rotary/Pike interchange (aka, the "Circle of Death"). I'd love to have trolleys to Watertown again, but they'd be better off spending the $$$ on some sort of private ROW transit to that area than trying to reuse the old A Line corridor.

by Ron Newman

Why didn't (or doesn't) the 57 bus use that nifty contraflow lane across the Pike? Surely it would take several minutes off the trip time.

by octr202

Ron Newman wrote:Why didn't (or doesn't) the 57 bus use that nifty contraflow lane across the Pike? Surely it would take several minutes off the trip time.
Contraflow lane? Where the trolleys used to run? That was removed long ago, I believe.

by Ron Newman

Yeah, that's the one I meant. Instead of removing it they should have continued using it as a bus shortcut.

by octr202

Sounds like a good idea to me...but the highway overlords grabbed that one as soon as they could I imagine.