• new rr sim game for p

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by uhaul

Looks interesting and deserves a second look.

Kwanzaa
12/26-1/1

by Plate F

EA always has excellent games. I will probably buy this one, as well as MSTS 2, then sell whichever one is worse :D.

by cifn2

I went and Pre-Ordered and purchased Rail Simulator at Game Stop game to like 42.xx in Illinois. I fully paid in case I cannot get there for when it is released, probably wouldn't have had to reserve it, they didn't think it would be a very high sell out risk, but at least I know I have a copy and just have to pick it up.

Seems to be good game... just wish more info was out about it.

by cifn2

Here is a video the UP engines look to have lots of detail. Probably looks to be more European but UP did support the project so... who knows but I would guess that MSTS's new version will blow this game away.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928924/61 ... al-movie-1

by Leo_Ames

This is from the developer of the original MSTS. And Electronic Arts has a bad reputation for shoveling out buggy, incomplete, and barely updated games actually. There are gems here and there, but many more are average games at best. But it looks like the developer got this one right.

by cifn2

I would doubt it.... I don't like the way the cameras move around, hard to get used to with Trainz and MSTS being what you are used to.

Switches are hard to see whether they are aligned or against you. I will update as I play around with it more. I love the graphics, but the game style is disappointing.
  by OportRailfan

I may actually get that
  by OportRailfan

what can I say...I bought it.

I'm downloading it now to see how it is.
  by Kaback9

OportRailfan wrote:what can I say...I bought it.

I'm downloading it now to see how it is.
haha give a review please!!
  by OportRailfan

I'm at work now, restarting the download process...we have faster speeds here.

I'll install it and play around with it
  by Silverbird

HI OportRailfan glade you were able to buy it I definitely would love to know what you think of the game. threes a lot of stuff that needs work but its overall good for such a big project. so things will not be perfect they threat everything more as simulation game and not a 100% realistic one simulation. but honestly as stupid as it might sound I always dream of driving a path train since I was a kid so its a cool fantasy I get to do on the game.
  by OportRailfan

Haha, then we have the same silly dream.

I'm studying electrical engineering right now in Newark, and often use the PATH as my transportation of choice to get around.

I hope to someday retire from whatever I do as an electrical engineer, and then hopefully train engineers will still have jobs, and I'd like to work as one of them as retirement.