• Tree limb knocked of by passing train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jtunnel

Tonight's News is reporting that a passing train at Myrtle Avenue struck/knocked loose a tree limb seriously injuring a person below on the street.
  by BMT

It's not good news for NY&A: they are responsible for taking care of the ROW. The tree in question feel from the overpass at Myrtle near Fresh Pond road. IIRC, that is indeed the jurisdiction of NY&A according to the lease agreement with MTA/LIRR.
  by amtbuff

This was a serious accident for NY and A. It seems every couple of years there are devestating situations involving them and the ridgewood/maspeth area. The runaway car on the bushwick line,the gas tank at fresh pond road and now this. I just hope this lady makes it out ok.
  by The Tenth Legion

Unfortunately, I think there are lawyers sharpening their knives and forks in preparation for the lawsuit to follow......
  by wasKFC

amtbuff wrote:It seems every couple of years there are devestating situations involving them and the ridgewood/maspeth area. The runaway car on the bushwick line,the gas tank at fresh pond road and now this. I just hope this lady makes it out ok.
Don't forget the crushed Russian a few years ago.
  by Scrap em Again

HA HA HA LMFAO!!! :P