• Carbon law drives petrol up 7c

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by george matthews

David Benton wrote:these guys are using it as they genrate it so no storage needed .
The long term need is to live without emitting carbon. That is the only way we can get the atmosphere back to its original state, and the climate reasonably stable again. To use hydrogen as a store is one way of doing this. It would be made by splitting water with electricity generated by wind, water or other income sources of energy.
  by David Benton

true , but saving 20 -30 % fuel is a pretty good start . and these guys are doing it , not just talking about it , or passing laws about it .
  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:true , but saving 20 -30 % fuel is a pretty good start . and these guys are doing it , not just talking about it , or passing laws about it .
What is their method?

I have a farmer here who wants to replace diesel.
  by David Benton

afaik , they use power form the alternator , pulse it to make a form of hydrogen . its not pure hydrogen , that would take too much power . they then feed it into the air filter of the carberuttor or fuel injection system . they can then make the petrol mixture alot leaner . indeed they have to , and theyre also having to trick the oxygen sensor on computerised fuel injector cars . this is the stage my mate is at at the moment , pretty brave , i have tried to convince him it would be best to test on a carb engine first .
a diesel tractor should be easier , ill try and get some web links for you .
A locomotive should be possible too , indeed it may be away of breathing life into old diesel locomotives retired because of air qaulity non compliance , or because of lack of fuel efficency .
  by george matthews

OK. Send me a PM.