• Morning Call article on Lehigh Valley PASSENGER service.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by joshuahouse

It would seem that Northhampton County is at least talking about this, tho it looks like they are simply talking. According to the article there will be another meeting in October.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b5- ... slocal-hed

BTW, there is also another article about a company called Lehigh Coal and Navigation Co. What the heck is that doing back in business?

by lvrr353

Talk is all they do! I don't think anyone in local government in this area has a clue about how rail service could help they area if done with some proper planning.

LC&N has been around for a long time. They have strip mine pits between Tamaqua and Lansford. They have the breaker just east of Tamaqua (can't remember name, but toured with ARHS a few years back).
  by 2nd trick op

The actual "Old Company" was liquidated over the course of the 1960's; with the usable assets such as individual mines and a portion of the L&NE sold off piecemeal.

But an enterprise with a long and rich history and the unmistakable "fried egg" logo isn't going to be quickly forgotten. So it doesn't suprise me to learn that someone's revived the name. The successor company was incorporated in 1989.

Here's a link: www.oldcompanyslehigh.com

And long may that phrase be remembered!