• My CGI modeling of the MBTA

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by Veristek

Hi, all!

I've started some CGI modeling of the Commuter Rail, with a few twists thrown in. Here's a few screenshots of my work so far. It's set in a rural area, right next to a small marshalling yard in a surburban town.

Forget F-40's, Geeps, and electric locomotives. THIS is the way to go for locomotives!

I have more screenshots if any of you guys are interested. I'm working on a rural section, so I thought I'd test run the trains and so far they've been working magnificently. My other project is on hold due to computer meltdown and the loss of pretty much all the data I had for it.
  by MassBayMC1131

all u did was paint over the amtrak horizon coach and BTW... there is a game and simulation section for this stuff! :P
  by Veristek

MassBayMC1131 wrote:all u did was paint over the amtrak horizon coach and BTW... there is a game and simulation section for this stuff! :P
These aren't Amtrak Horizon cars. They're actually Comet cars that I used. I was wondering if there's any realism stuff I've missed? I know I probably missed a few.

I don't see any MBTA simulation section, so I thought I'd put my stuff here for the MBTA community to look at and comment on.
  by Veristek

diburning wrote:the trucks don't look quite like the real ones
What needs changing? I'd like to hear feedback on that!
  by Ron Newman

Are you modelling any particular suburban station? (I don't recognize it)
  by Veristek

Ron Newman wrote:Are you modelling any particular suburban station? (I don't recognize it)
Right now, I'm using a generic surburban station. The main concern is refining the trainset (details, operation, etc.), then with that done, I'll flesh out the locale. I'm going to take a bit of liberty with the MBTA commuter rail system and envision it as what it should be. For example, replacing the single track with double tracks, adding extensions to current routes like the proposed Fall River route, and I might add catenary (like what may happen with Greenbush in the future). Right now, its all in the preliminary stages. Any feedback you MBTA guys and railfans have will go a long way towards making this stuff much better and refined!
  by MBTA3247

Veristek wrote:
The trucks appear to be outside-framed ones, whereas the actual commuter rail coaches (flats only) use inside-framed trucks.
  by diburning

MBTA3247 wrote:
Veristek wrote:
The trucks appear to be outside-framed ones, whereas the actual commuter rail coaches (flats only) use inside-framed trucks.
What he said.
  by StevieC48

Well the number of the series you are the wrong road numbers 1600 - 1652 are the correct numbers. No T in the middle of the body or car numbrs, and they do not have the word COACH on them either. Amtrak is the only coaches in verizon that i have seen with the word COACH on it. There may be others but the T does not.