• Alliance, NE BNSF Powder River Basin Hub

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by atsf sp

Recently I took a trip to the west and I found the small town of Alliance, NE by accident. I cannot keep this amazing yard complex concealed. Coming from the South you follow BNSF double track and you see the lights illuminating the yard. The yard is extremely large and has coal trains coming from Wyomings Powder River Basin or empties going to. There is a railcar and engine facility also. When I was there I saw two freight warbonnet C30-7s that aren't going anywhere fast since they are headed to the scrapper. Also brand new SD70ACe's are on tracks waiting for assignment. There is a road that parelels the maintenance yard and a side road that goes along the main yard. I found this so amazing that I needed to spread it. If anyone else can post of the main use of this yard or expieriences there, that would be great.