• Fraser Surrey Docks 8014

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by 2spot

Fraser Surrey Docks 8014 sold recently at an auction. It is formerly CP 8014 an RS23 MLW. It had some damage to the rear (no rear steps ), but was supposed to be in running order. Does anyone know what became of it? I hope it didnt go for scrap.

by ENR3870

Saw it under tarps at SRY's shops in New West a couple weeks ago.

by 2spot

Awesome news, ENR 3870. I dont know who got it, but thank you. I felt like I doomed it to the scrappers torch. It sold at a Ritchie Brothers auction March 16, I was the only other bidder. I went as high as I could but that wasnt enough. I still think it went cheap (thats why I was worried). I didnt want to be the guy who doomed a classic MLW to scrap, they're hard enough to find on this coast. Thank you for the good news. BTW, any idea where its going?

by ENR3870

I'm not sure who owns it, but it looks like SRY may be doing some work on it.

by 2spot

Just glad it didnt vanish, ENR3870. I'm especially glad its being fixed up. It would be nice if it stayed local. You mentioned in an earlier post that a MLW worked on the E&N at one time. Was this the one?

by ENR3870

I seem to recall it was 8020 that CP used on the E&N.

by 2spot

Is SRY of BC turning former Fraser Surrey Docks#8014 into a slug unit? I heard they were building a slug recently, and recall 8014 being under a tarp at SRY's shops.

by ENR3870

Hard to say, they do a lot of contract work for other railways and private owners.

by 2spot

Thanks ENR3870. If ever you find out could you post it? Youre probably on the lower mainland more often than I am.
  by Alcoman

It is still on the Surry Docks roster according to the 2008 Canadian Trackside Guide.
  by 2spot

Where did you see that in the 2008 Canadian Trackside Guide, John?
On page 2-29 it reads: Surrey - Fraser Surrey Docks RS-23 8014 sold - disposition not known
Fraser Surrey Docks now operates as IDC Distribution and lists a GK-10 Green Kid.