• UP Trains won't get back on Cascades track for weeks

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by UPRR engineer

Work trains most likely.

by Rockingham Racer

No; they were on the ZLCBR and ZBRLC, according to what they wrote.

by mtuandrew

Question for you folks - is the Central Oregon & Pacific (ex-SP Siskiyou Branch) taking any of the detoured trains, or is it also closed?

by Rockingham Racer

There were a few, I believe, but haven't read about any recently.

by GN 599

The CORP didnt take any detour trains. They are still running their trains over the Siskoyou a few times a week. Talked to a U.P. crew tying up in our depot in Bend today when I got off work. They said they are now running two trains a day over the Cascade sub.

by LCJ

I chatted with an engineering OMT (operations management trainee) today who happens to be in Oak Ridge OR this week. She tells me there are a few trains running through at night -- but none during the day when they are working on/around the track near the slide location.

by GN 599

LCJ wrote:I chatted with an engineering OMT (operations management trainee) today who happens to be in Oak Ridge OR this week. She tells me there are a few trains running through at night -- but none during the day when they are working on/around the track near the slide location.
Sounds about right, thats what they said they would do at first. I think thats the only thing thats gone right for them so far in this big mess.