• Code lines in Fostoria

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Patrick

Thought someone here might be interested in knowing that the NS is/has removed the code lines in Fostoria and will be replacing the diamonds on the NS/B&O line. I was there last weekend and watching them chop down the lines and poles between the depot and the Bone yard.
  by mike

Was NS taking down the pole line or CSX? It's been awhile since I've been to Fostoria, but I don't recall a pole line along NS.

I believe I read somewhere the diamonds are now scheduled to be replaced May 19th, subject to change. The date has already changed at least once.

by ToledoTerminalRy

what are "code lines"

by railohio

"Power lines" that control signals. Most are deactivated but still standing. A couple spots still have them actively powering signals.

by railohio

Like this.

by Patrick

it was NS taking them down along their line.