Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by RS112556

CP SD40-2F 9000 running through Rochester, NY on CSX. Looking pretty shabby could someone tell me this unit's status. Is it still a still a part of CPR or has it gone to a leasing company. Didn't catch the reporting marks. Thanks in advance for any info.

by RS112556

Hey thanks. Sure do appreciate the info. You're right about that site...very informative. :-)

by CPSD40-2

I've seen the Red Barns on the Chicago line a couple of times. Always a treat!

by W.E.Coyote

I've seen some dual flags units with ratty paint. That 'un could be one of them. At any rate all units are still owned by and running for CP.

by Adirondack_Ghost

every now and again we get the barns coming up the Bridgeline through Port Henry NY... they are looking old. Definitely the ones I've seen need a new paintjob. :oP

Ghost

by Engineer Spike

The 9000 might be the only one in 2 flags. The rest are still in Inaction Red.

by 2spot

Hey, Engineer Spike. CP 9000 and 9022 are in dual flags, the rest are all in action red/ no multimark. The only engines delivered in this scheme. 9000 & 9022 were repainted in 1993, the rest as delivered in 1988. Overdue for a paintjob at least.

by james_h

I was lucky enough to catch CP 9000 a couple of weeks back when she passed through Smiths Falls, ON. While she looked well "used" she didn't look abused. Though I do wish I'd taken more pictures of her.

http://www.tracksideproductions.com/for ... =si&img=16

James.

by CNW1212

I've seen both 6000, and 6022, But the thing that sucks is they were running them as the trailing units. :(

by Ken V

CNW1212 wrote:I've seen both 6000, and 6022, But the thing that sucks is they were running them as the trailing units. :(
We're discussing the CP SD40Fs (90xx series red barns) here. What are you talking about? SOO SD60 6000-6020 went off lease more than a year ago or was it CP SD40-2 6000 and 6022?

by CNW1212

Ya sorry I meant 9000 and 9022. I know that we are talking about CPs SD40-2Fs, before this I was talking down in Soo and Milwaukee Road about the old Soo power, so that must be why I accidentally put 6000 insted of 9000.

by DMCenci

Funny..9000 and 9022 were both regulars in St Paul earlier summer 2007..they get around quick!!
Dave C

by CNW1212

Does anyone know if any of the red barns are operating over the River Sub? I have been trying to catch one like crazy!
  by blacklist

2spot wrote:CP Rail still own SD40-2F #9000. http://www.mountainrailway.com/Roster%2 ... 209000.htm MountainRailway.Com is an excellent site for CPRail information and pictures. The"Red Barns" have been good units to CPR.
I remember them first coming around in 1990.