• Railfanning (4/08)

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Robert Paniagua

All right, back here in WMATA land again, despite the rain, and did some pics and even a short movie from a train. I rode on these cars today:

3068 also as the back car from Greenbelt and then
6044 as last car from Ft Totten till Union Station when I MARC'd it from there to Met Grove.

However, I will ride more WMATA tomorrow, where there won't be any rain expected.
  by Sand Box John

Stop off at Farragut North and Gallery Place to get some pictures of the exclusive use advertising that was put in those stations.

Captivating an Audience
In Break With Staid Look, Cash-Strapped Metro Sets Sights on Placing High-Tech Ads in Stations

By Lena H. Sun
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, April 6, 2008

Some examples of some of the new types of advertising that will be done:
Monster Media interactive ad
Full length car ceilings ads AKA "Michelangelos"
Floor ad Galley Place old 7th Street Mezzanine

Column wraps Gallery Place new 7th Street Mezzanine
Advertising signs on car sides that are similar to those displayed on the sides of busses

Also I Believe the mockup video monitor that displays both advertising and the Passenger Information Messaging System (PIMS) data is on the south mezzanine at Gallery Place.

by Robert Paniagua

Alrighty, I did more trainsurfing indeed as promised, especially that today's weather was a bit better thn yesterday's. cars were as follows:

5185 from Shady Grove till Metro Center
5044 to Vienna and as last car to Rosslyn
2040 to Franc-Spfld
6130 till Largo Town Center
6142 (as last car) till Metro Center, then lastly
2059 till Shady Grove

I got soime pictures and movies, I'll place the movies on YouTube and link them here.