• Falls Rd Corn Train #4

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by RailKevin

I found some info from the ehtynol plant thread.
agvter wrote:I just received an email from a friend and he told me that the first Falls Road RR grain train is to be ordered out of Hamler, Ohio sometime this evening or night>>Sunday December 9th, symbolized G-334- (09 ?) ...
I'm not sure if that means the train loaded at Hamler or if there was a crew/power change.

by med-train

It is my understanding that the first train was Ohio corn. Hamler is just a hamlet size town; however, it does have a fairly large grain elevator farm with a long siding where the cars could have been loaded.

Here is a Live Local map. No "Birds Eye View".
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... Y0MjMzMDE=

The siding appears to be a link/connector to a former north-south railroad.

The ethanol goes out to fuel tank farms in places like Albany, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc. It does not normally go to a refinery; however, it could be blended at a NJ refinery for local delivery near there. It is quite possible that some tankers have stopped in the Buffalo area.
  by Trainmanal4243

Have there been any more grain trains on the Falls Road. Nothing has been added since mid February of movements.

by Nathan M3

No corn trains since Feb. 8. Local corn has been keeping plant going.
  by Alcophile

I believe crew changes occur at Delphi near Lockport-Cambria town line.