• Railfanning in ARIZONA

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by NYSubway18

Going to see Bon Jovi on Fri 4/11 at the Glendale Arena and see a Diamondbacks game on Sat 4/12. I'm staying at my sister's place in Tempe, and I'll have most of the day on Fri 4/11 before the concert and most of the day Sunday 4/13 to do some railfanning before heading out on Monday 4/14.
So, with about 2 days to work with, what train things should I try and do/see while in the Tempe/Phoenix area? Good prototype photo ops? I don't mind a "reasonable" drive to get to something good.