• New ARA article posted

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

by reinhardtjh

Great article, Ben! The models look fantastic. BTW, I model in N scale and I picked up 8 of the M-T boxcars this summer just so I'd know I had enough. They are still available though a number of online stores and I see a few in Ebay all the time.

John H. Reinhardt
  by tomjohn

Ben,
Nice article, great job on the models I too model in N-SCALE also I have 6 CONCOR boxcars,1 MICROTRAINS boxcar 4 of the blue A & A RR boxcars !

Tom

by jgallaway81

Tom, are you saying that the blue boxcar was also issued in N Scale?

Thats another item of interest that I haven't even heard of.

A friend of mine, a member of the CRHS, sent me a link to the article.

Excellent work Ben, great job, both on the article and on the engines, they really are exceptional work.
  by tomjohn

jgallaway81 wrote:Tom, are you saying that the blue boxcar was also issued in N Scale?

Thats another item of interest that I haven't even heard of.

A friend of mine, a member of the CRHS, sent me a link to the article.

Excellent work Ben, great job, both on the article and on the engines, they really are exceptional work.
Jason ,

I really don't know if anyone produced the BLUE A & A RR boxcars,I just went right ahead and custom painted my 4 blue A & A RR boxcars from 2 Micro trains and 2 Atlas cars from the 1970's ...

Tom

by Benjamin Maggi

Thanks guys. I the Micro trains cars, as well as 3 concor ones in two different road numbers. Never thought that they would do that, but maybe one is a rarity. They are all in orange. Maybe I will paint some blue ones, but modeling a 44 tonner in N scale would be tough!

I saw the Aristocraft c-16 (2-8-0) at the Springfield show a couple of weeks ago and took lots of measurements. My version of #18 will begin this summer.

by umtrr-author

Nice work on the article and the 44-tonner, Ben.

I don't recall seeing blue A&A boxcars commercially available in N Scale, but it's certainly possible that they were issued.

I reviewed the Micro-Trains A&A release as part of my Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report (see the June 2007 archive edition on my UMTRR website, link in signature).

I also arranged with Micro-Trains for the A&A to get a copy of the boxcar; hopefully it arrived for use in their display.

by thebigham

Great job, Ben!

by BSOR Patarak

That is some quality work on the two locomotives. Great job on the article too. We'll have to get the models out for a pose next to the real ones! Perhaps a modelers day on the A&A for people to show off their work?

I find it amazing how people get interested in this small railroad. Your story reminds me a bit about me! LOL

by Benjamin Maggi

Pat, I actually brought them to the A&A one day to show around, but it was pretty rainy and nasty outside and it looked like Cooter and Dennis had their hands full with the real engines. Someday, I will bring them down again.

by jgallaway81

Ben, did you happen to notice if the overhead layout was still in existance in the back room?

As far as I know, the layout itself, as well as two coaches and a PRR gondola should still be there...

by Benjamin Maggi

The last time I was there (Sept. 2007), I don't remember seeing the layout. It used to be in a room next to the ticket counter. That is not to say that the layout hasn't been moved, or that I missed it. However, I wanted to see the layout and my memory is telling me that the layout wasn't there anymore.
Humm...

I never actually saw it run. I only saw it during non-operating days.

by jgallaway81

Well, there actually were two layouts... a Gscale one above the room in the back, and an HO one in what is not being used as the museum room (from what I understand)

by howie729

I rode in October and the HO layout has been removed. The G scale was still in the rafters above the back room (not running) I dont know if the full loop was still there but they did have it still up.

Beautiful job on the center cabs Ben!!

Scott Howard