• Shortline operations in Lehigh and Berks

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by joshuahouse

This one was blocking in the Geep from Guilford, a passenger car (which looks much nicer then anything else on the line) and a caboose.
  by Stevescan

My friend lives in Topton and during on weekend in June we caught the old East Penn train going from Kutztown to the Topton line, they use this for Christamas, Easter and a few other dates. They use 160.9350Mhz when in operation!!

Also wanted to make a comment on the Chapmans Yard - They just put a new trailer in for the Office and started more activity at night, Mostly in the evening and at night due to the Rte.100 crossing. They do go to Nestle, DSC Logistics and many others in the park. You can monitor them on 160.9800Mhz N/S Ch.4

You can normally sit at the Chapmans Yard on the left side of the road and they lt you alone or in the back of the strip mall or office strip whatever you want to call it!

Steve
  by jrevans

Stevescan wrote: Also wanted to make a comment on the Chapmans Yard - They just put a new trailer in for the Office and started more activity at night, Mostly in the evening and at night due to the Rte.100 crossing. They do go to Nestle, DSC Logistics and many others in the park. You can monitor them on 160.9800Mhz N/S Ch.4

You can normally sit at the Chapmans Yard on the left side of the road and they lt you alone or in the back of the strip mall or office strip whatever you want to call it!
Steve
Steve,
Where is Chapmans Yard? I'm not familiar with it, but from the sounds of it, I'm guessing that it's used to service the C&F line in Foglesville. I go to Alburtis sometimes to watch, but I've never seen them run up the C&F yet.
  by Stevescan

Jim

Correct it was part of C&F line in Fogelsville!! Norfolk Southern took it over a couple years ago. It is actually in the town of Kuhnsville behind the Trexler Truck Stop... If you Take 22West to the Kuhnsville exit get off the ramp which is Tilghman St stay to your right and the 1st light make a right (Chapmans Rd I think) at the light and if you blink you will miss it!! There are about 4lines and they hardly ever keep any freight there for a long period of time, The line is still active up to the North for Friskies - ALPO and to the West of the yard North of Tilghman st.

Hope this helps you. If you go past the light on your right after Chapmans Rd look for the Shell station right past that you can go into that business strip and park behind there for a better view.

ONLY one line crosses over Chapmans Rd. Look to your left side and you will see a trailer and the small yard.

by yutzk

Yep Chapman is a pretty cool place to see stuff. They do cross Rt 100 in the daylight tho every day around 3PM usually. Usually every 1-2 days @ 8AM they will come up from the mainline with more goods. Not sure when they come back down either.

I live like 3 miles from most of the C&F and am actually modelling it in Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004, so im up to speed on most of it hehehe

Kevin