• Conrail U30B to be scrapped

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by rob216

I knew that this engine was sitting along the line for sometime now. Just recently it has been moved about 4-6 miles down the line to another siding where it waits for a scrapper. Here are a few pics I took today and some older ones. From what I have heard, It either has a bent frame or a cracked block. I really don't remember which one.

by ATK

Who owns this loco? Penn East RR?

by rob216

I'm not to sure as to who owns right now. From little information i was able to find out it was CR 2887, two brothers bought it to run on New Hope & Ivyland as 402, and then down to Octoraro. As of now, not sure who owns it. But for the past fews days, there has been a few people working on it. Here is a link to its sister engine 401, not sure if this one is still around.
http://trainspot.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=566485

by EDM5970

The last I heard it was owned by RMDI up in Pittston. They part out EMDs and GEs, and also do contract repair work. Been there a few times-

by rob216

One reason you might not have seen it was that the scrapped in the town of Oxford along the Octoraro line. Now owned by East Penn. The only things left of it is the trucks and the engine which I think is now under tarps. There was another engine sitting in Kelton, about 5 miles or so down the line, but is now gone. I can only assume that it was taken right to the scrap yard in Coatsville instead of coming to the same location where the u30b was scrapped. Here is a pic what the other engine was. Can anyone confirm that it was scrapped now since its not sitting where it used to be?