• UPDATE: FA-2 #302 at Colonie, NY

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by Alcoman

The trackwork to allow this locomotive to be moved is almost done as of today. This means that the FA could be shipped out any day now.

by trainspot

Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!

by Alcoman

Just received word that if CSX inspects it this week, it could be on its way to Virginia by Friday 11/30. It will be going on CSX via Selkirk so keep an eye out for it next week.
John

by ATK

How about the rest of the stuff at Colonie? I thought that part of the deal with CP Rail was that the track was reconnected, and that EVERYTHING was removed, not just one piece.....

by Alcoman

There is something in the works, but there a gentleman who is trying lay an ownership claim to equipment that clearly does not belong to him.
This is creating a real problem for those who have the resources to get some of that stuff out.

by Alcoman

The FA is moved to the end of the switch waiting to be picked up by CP.

by thebigham

Great news!!!!

Thanks, John!

by Nova55

Interesting that there using BDLX reporting marks.

by thebigham

Thanks for the photo.

by Lehighton_Man

wow! i remember seeing a video of that locomotive, and several others along with a few dead cars. is there plans set for the other locomotives as well?
I know there is a S2, i think theres an RS1, and a RS3. Not too sure.
But anyway, keep us informed about the progress of moving these relics
Thanks,
Sean

by thebigham

Any news??

Chris

by Alcoman

As of today 1/2/08; the FA is still there. CSX has yet to inspect it I am told.

by mxdata

If he is coming out from Selkirk all I can say is "good luck". They might get a quicker response calling Jacksonville.

by mxdata

Did they ever get the inspection or are they still waiting?