• One Malaga Street

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Printer

I went into town last week (I picked one of the more overcast days it seems). And thought it might be interesting to catch a couple pix of the FEC building in St. Augustine.

I have an appointment for a Cardiac Stress Test in Jax (Jacksonville) next week and if the weather and "(EDITED FOR CONTENT), I'll take some pix of Bowden Yard on my way out of there.

So here are a couple pix of:
FEC Flagler Division HQ
One Malaga Street
St. Augustine FL. 32084

From the ABC Liquor Store parking lot across the San Sebastion River.

From the Shell Station parking lot across Malaga Street.

The Entryway to the FEC.

Scoot
the "Printer"[/i]

by Otto Vondrak

Nice pictures of the FEC building, thanks for sharing... I don't understand your Gestapo comment. I thought the FEC was fairly tolerant of railfans?

by Printer

At least here in Florida, ALL the law enforcement "guys" have taken the "Homeland Security" stuff to extremes. Things like being asked to ID yourself on the street randomly, ticketing and jailing those who don't have the "Proper" ID. It's getting scary for me, and not scary from outsiders. It's the people who's salary I pay with my taxes that frighten me now.
Sorry for the comment.
I'll see what happens when I stand on the bridge overpass above the Bowden Yard taking pictures. Wish Me Luck.

Scoot

btw, go ahead and edit the post if it's too political or inflamitory.

Okay, done!!!

by Noel Weaver

I have lived in Florida for ten years and have not experienced any of the
things mentioned here. If you are not causing suspicions you should not
have any problem.
I do not think you will have any problems around the Florida East Coast
as long as you STAY OFF THEIR PROPERTY. I have been around the
railroad plenty but always from a decent distance from the track(s) and
always on public property. If you behave yourself, I think everything will
be OK.
Noel Weaver

by Spartan Phalanx

Hey guy, if you are labelling the police of this country as Gestapo, you should stop, because you are quite ignorant. Ask anyone who lived in Germany before and during WWII, and the occupied area of Europe if the police of America are like the Gestapo and you will get a most different answer, and they too will say you are ignorant.

by brickbuilder711

Spartan Phalanx wrote:Hey guy, if you are labelling the police of this country as Gestapo, you should stop, because you are quite ignorant. Ask anyone who lived in Germany before and during WWII, and the occupied area of Europe if the police of America are like the Gestapo and you will get a most different answer, and they too will say you are ignorant.
True!

by GOLDEN-ARM

Let's get back on topic here. We are talking about the FEC HQ Building, not the Third Reich.

by lakeshoredave

i have seen their hq building in person, and it is awesome looking. i think the dispatchers are in jacksonville now.

by Noel Weaver

lakeshoredave wrote:i have seen their hq building in person, and it is awesome looking. i think the dispatchers are in jacksonville now.
For several months now the Florida East Coast HQ has been Jacksonville.
The building in St. Augustine is use by a university but I do not recall the
name of the school.
Beautiful building but Jacksonville probably makes more sense today with
their most important yard near-by.
Noel Weaver