• Pictures?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by jerryinva

I see a lot of threads on here referencing pictures that were posted on Sandbox Johns webpage, but his page is gone...

Are these pics posted anywhere else?
  by Sand Box John

"jerryinva"
I see a lot of threads on here referencing pictures that were posted on sand box Johns webpage, but his page is gone...

That is correct. The hosting ISP (www.chesapeake.net) eliminated the hosting of free web pages as part of the contract for it’s dialup subscribers.

Are these pics posted anywhere else?

No.

by Mike Morris

If someone needs pictures post here. I will see if I have them
  by jerryinva

Very Cool John! Thanks for posting those...

by jerryinva

So...does anyone have pics of the inside of the Money Trains? Or pics of the vintage 80's maps?

by Robert Paniagua

Nice Shots. I also saw that half the cab (motorinstructor's side) is entirely vanished!! Poof...literally!, the only portion that remains is the motorperson's side, so now, it's just nothing more than a corner cab like the NYCT R32! LOL!, but without the entire left front corner, which must be restored in order to be put back on the road.

I also saw 2070's coupler hanging off, literally, som therefore, nothing can tow 2070-or be towed by anything to it until that entire coupler and the assembly unit is completely replaced and rebuilt. Very sad images at the same time of this rolling stock that has been victimized by these accidents too :-( I have to say...

by Sand Box John

"Robert Paniagua"
Nice Shots. I also saw that half the cab (motorinstructor's side) is entirely vanished!! Poof...literally!, the only portion that remains is the motorperson's side, so now, it's just nothing more than a corner cab like the NYCT R32! LOL!, but without the entire left front corner, which must be restored in order to be put back on the road.

Robert,

You might want to take a look at page 12 of Ruben Payan's power point presentation he showed at the NTSB public meeting. The left side of the cab is still attached to the car in that photograph. I believe that part of the cab had to cut off the car in order to remove it from the derailment site.

by Robert Paniagua

Oh Ok, I see now, I saw that car's left side cab brushed up there on the tunnel wall. Hopefully they preserved that cab corner

by Sand Box John

"Robert Paniagua"
Oh Ok, I see now, I saw that car's left side cab brushed up there on the tunnel wall. Hopefully they preserved that cab corner

I believe the remains of the corner of the car were loaded aboard the car when it was removed from the derailment site. One can clearly see the cab ceiling florescent fixture, the left side interior cab partition and the horn in this image.

Based on history, the likelihood that this car will ever turn a wheel under it's own power is zero.

As to the final dispossession of the car, that one has yet to be decided. We know form posts made in this forum that every one of cars still remain on WMATA property that have been damage in the various derailments and wrecks over the 31+ years WMATA has operated metrorail.

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, I doubt so too, as far as that coach returning to service, so I think it may have to be converted to an "organ donor", that is being used for parts.

by Mike Morris

I have pics of the inside of the money train and the 80s map in them. Just have to post.

BTW John feeler car is at Greenbelt. I will try to snag something off of that you discussed before if I get some free time.

by jerryinva

Thanks Mike...from those of us rail geeks who don't get a chance to see the behind the scenes stuff.

by Sand Box John

"Mike Morris"
I have pics of the inside of the money train and the 80s map in them. Just have to post.

BTW John feeler car is at Greenbelt. I will try to snag something off of that you discussed before if I get some free time.

Cool. Thanks.

by jerryinva

Did the pics get posted somewhere that I missed?