• High Res Photos For Backgrounds?

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

by l008com

Anyone know where I can get some really high resolution rail photos? Like seriously big stuff, for modern LCDs? To span my dual monitor system, i need like 3600 x 1200 pixels. A single 30" Cinema display is 2560 x 1600 pixels. And of course the bigger the better cause as we all know, the more you shrink down an image in photoshop, the better the quality of the image.
  by Ken W2KB

l008com wrote:Anyone know where I can get some really high resolution rail photos? Like seriously big stuff, for modern LCDs? To span my dual monitor system, i need like 3600 x 1200 pixels. A single 30" Cinema display is 2560 x 1600 pixels. And of course the bigger the better cause as we all know, the more you shrink down an image in photoshop, the better the quality of the image.
I just took a quick look at the properties of one photo I took with my Pentax K10D, an advanced amateur, low-end pro type of camera. It was 3822x2591 and 3.5 MB, JPG format. In raw format it would be around 30 MB.