• Raritan Valley Connecting, et cetera

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Wanderer

Trainlawyer wrote:Well Rising the board has ruled and it it did not go well for for those of you who believe you should be given someone elses property. There was also a n article in the Baltimore City Paper which I think puts Mr Riffin in perspective. It is very telling that the only support that that the paper could find was from CNJ RAIL.

I'm linking my comments rather than repeating them. but I will respond to replies here

GME
Shocking? Eh...no. Hahaha.

by Wanderer

Trainlawyer wrote:Matthew,
Assuming that you have read the Baltimore article by now - Would you care to hazard a guess as to what trackage Mr. Strohmeyer is refrerring to?
"Our interest," Strohmeyer continues, "is we have rail properties up in New Jersey, and we control some New Jersey track,..."
GME

http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=14634
Oh...wow. Gee. A wild guess here...but I'd have to say he's probably referring to "his" Somerset Terminal Company. He also probably meant to infer their interests with the coaches in Boonton they "plan to move".

LOL!!! You can't make this stuff up! :P

by CJPat

Well, you can't have a dinner train without 'em! :wink:

by Wanderer

CJPat wrote:Well, you can't have a dinner train without 'em! :wink:
Haha. I forgot about that one. Touché my friend, touché.

by EDM5970

A dinner train through the recycling piles? How tragically romantic-

This one is right up there with the need for unit trains of grass seed to the house farms on the Robbinsville line.

by JimBoylan

Does anyone else have a Federal Class 3 Railroad License? TYBR doesn't have one in their files. Maybe it's like a Federal Railroad Administration Certificate for a locomotive.

by EDM5970

Funny, but I read it as "Class III". Is that the same? Does the Gov't and in particular the STB make a distinction between Arabic and Roman numerals? (Just kidding-) Still, I suspect there is no such animal.

When will this masquarade end?

by The Rising

Hello all,

Hello Trainlawyer,

I have read the links provided and was quite surprised to see the Baltimore City Press article. I have sent an Email onto Mr. Strohmeyer seeking comment on Trainlawyers questions. Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon. To answer EDM's question, I'm going to hazard a guess and say not very soon. I suspect that an appeal will be forthcoming. When I hear back from CNJ Rail, I'll post up another reply.

Until then,

See ya all later.......

by Wanderer

Trainlawyer wrote:We will be awaiting his commentary with bated breath.

When you do hear from Mr. Strohmeyer, you might ask him about the status of the cars in Boonton and what the prospects of Summit Rail Car are as he seems to have neglected to put in his promised appearance in Boonton last February (some five months after the cars should have been gone).

GME

http://www.boonton.org/Government/Docum ... .07.07.pdf

http://www.boonton.org/Government/Docum ... .05.07.pdf
He also neglected keep in correspondence with the town of Boonton from what I hear. Apparently he's been ducking them. My...I just can't imagine why in the world he would that! Hmmm. (SAR-freaking-CASM!!!!)

by Wanderer

This quote from the follow up just says it all...

"It's now my burden to come up with a really fantastic reason to upset the applecart. The game's not over..."

Mr. Riffin. Will you ever learn? No.....probably not.

by The Rising

Hello all,

I've seen a couple of postings requesting Trainlawyer's opinion on the ongoing Virginia Beach case. I, too, am interested in seeing his comments.

Per my last reply, I did forward an email unto Mr. Strohmeyer looking for information regarding Mr. Riffin's plans in the case. He did reply to some of my requests for information and nicely declined comment in others.

As to Trainlawyers question regarding the railcars in Boonton, he simply responded by saying :

"There is no such firm as Summit Railcar. The city's printed agenda for that day is wrong. While it was (and still is) hoped that I could come to Boonton to directly brief the city council on the project, there are no immediate plans for me to address the town council at this time. In addition, there are no firm plans to begin removing the Railcars in 2007. Work to remove the cars nearly started this past summer, but the project was postponed."

He did state that the only firm he was involved with that has the word Railcar in it was Mr. Riffin's "Marylard Railcar" (reporting marks: MDRX, I believe.) He was surprised to see the agenda with that printed in it.

As to Mr.Riffin's efforts in Virginia Beach, he gave me an earful in a recent telephone conversation I had with him. At this time, I'll let Trainlawyer post up his response, if he chooses to do so. I was briefed on the details of the argument to be brought in the appeal. I'm curious to get Trainlawyers thoughts before I post up Mr. Strohmeyer's highly detailed response.

Well, that's all for now folks

See ya all later....
  by gravelyfan

I see Mr Riffin has another recent filing, this time in FD 34997.