• About CN's new SD70M-2's...

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by bikitdi

The headlights will be mounted on the nose... But it also have that box on the roof, covered with a plate... so they can go back to roof headlights whenever they want maybe?
There's also a pair of marker lights beside the number light box.

As for the noise issue... the HVAC duct in the sub-base is modified... (i dont see how much difference it can make...)
And there are more anti-vibe materials inside the cab...

by bikitdi

Sorry I dont have that info

the first cab is almost finish though

by lock4244

Well, at least they're starting to take shape... thanks for the info.

I wonder what older stuff will get retired by the arrival of these new units?

by lock4244

I've seen shots at London of CN 8800, 8801, 8802 and 8803 completed, painted and outside on the EMC property. So I guess they are starting delivery without a delay afterall... or maybe they are just completing a few.

by bufftbone

air conditioning? these damn 100+ degree days in these old covered wagons or the jeeps with the boner fans are not good.

by CN_Hogger

bufftbone wrote:air conditioning? these damn 100+ degree days in these old covered wagons or the jeeps with the boner fans are not good.
The 8000's and 2200's have AC so I would assume so...

by Tadman

I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?

by CN_Hogger

Tadman wrote:I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?
I've never heard them called that before, but what he's talking about is a pair of electric fans that are mounted on the front cab wall of most IC & GTW Geeps. About all they're good for is blowing hot air at you and making noise.
  by nickleinonen

bikitdi wrote:The headlights will be mounted on the nose... But it also have that box on the roof, covered with a plate... so they can go back to roof headlights whenever they want maybe?
There's also a pair of marker lights beside the number light box.

As for the noise issue... the HVAC duct in the sub-base is modified... (i dont see how much difference it can make...)
And there are more anti-vibe materials inside the cab...
headlights on the nose i like much more.. the marker lights are for the DP

by bufftbone

Tadman wrote:I hate to ask, but what is a boner fan?
Exactly what cn hogger said. it's a little nickname that some of the gtw guys call them.

by bikitdi

lock4244 wrote:I've seen shots at London of CN 8800, 8801, 8802 and 8803 completed, painted and outside on the EMC property. So I guess they are starting delivery without a delay afterall... or maybe they are just completing a few.
actually what caused the delay? u guys have any idea?