• looking for information

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by south jersey trains

hello ,im looking for OLD pictures of richland station nj on rt 40 of the cape may seashore lines,when there was two railroads ,one to ac from newfield and the existing route,cmsl. Also does anyone know of any information of a siding that used to cross tuckaho rd 557 and went to a sawmill ,both siding and the sawmill are long gone. Also an update on the richland siding ..track builders is now clearing brush for the new siding..thank you

by JJMDiMunno

I can't recall if there's a photo of that in the "Atlantic City Railroad" book...check with your local library for a copy of that book if you don't own it. I think there may be a photo in there...

As for the siding, where exactly was it located? Milmay? I'll try to find out more if you can get a little more detailed information as to it's location...

Thanks,
Mike DiMunno

by south jersey trains

Thank you for replying Mike,the siding was next to the steel factory where the current siding for Beaslys point coal cars are parked only this siding crossed tuckaho rd Milmay and went back into the woods to a sawmill near McDonald ave,before the steel factory was built. Two older men told me about it,so im guessing 1940s to 1970s.Thanks