• Quick Metrorail trip report from 8/15/07 Wednesday

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Love Train

Took only one train today. Went to the Nationals game, but my father had a parking pass, so he decided to drive to the game and see if it was better or worse than the subway (getting home from the game was such a pain that we both agreed that the subway was the way to go). Anyway, I met my father downtown at his office near the Dupont Circle station. I started at Grosvenor-Strathmore, my home stop, and took the Red Line to Dupont Circle.

I was watching trains at Grosvenor for a bit because I had some time to kill, and I noticed that the trains were bunched, with large gaps between the bunches, today. 3 trains would come right after another and then the next train would come in 3-5 minutes. I just missed the last train in a bunch and had to wait on the platform for a several minutes. I saw a six car Rohr train terminate at Grosvenor, knowing that that would most likely be my train heading downtown because the next Glenmont bound train wasn't supposed to come for another 6 minutes according to the PIMS. I guessed correctly, because that same 6 car Rohr train originated at Grosvenor, destined for Silver Spring. I was in Rohr #1287, the front car. The ride was uneventful. I was glad to see a few unrehabbed 3000 series Bredas; I thought by the time I'd get back from my seven week "vacation" they'd have all been rehabbed by then.

It was a nice trip for my first time on the Metro in almost two months. I'll be back on the Metro on Friday, so stay tuned...

by davinp

Yes, I am suprised to see several 3000s that have not been rehab yet. I though they would have been finished earlier this year. They still have some 3100s and 3200s too do.

by red-orange line

I think that the 3000's will be finish sometime in 2008. I am just starting to see more 3200's being rehab.

by tommyboy6181

Yeah, the rehab contract is about 2 years behind schedule right now.