• McGreevey resigns, Nov 15th.

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by steemtrayn

nick11a wrote: I know many folks from Woodbridge. They all hated him when he was there.
But they voted for him, just the same.

by Lackawanna484

Secaucus was underway long before McGreevey was elected. The credit on that should go to Christie and to Frank Lautenburg for getting the Fed money to do the job.

The NY Times take on the matter is McG had sex with the guy, then appointed him to a $110,000 job during the affair, which lasted several months. The guy demanded $5mn to keep his mouth shut, and McG reported him to the FBI for extortion.

Under NJ laws, state employees have a lot of legal protections against being forced to have sex with the bosses or people in authority. Expect a civil suit on this one...

by mgdemarco2

I really don't think a Democrat or a Republican in Trenton will make a significant difference for NJT. They still have to work within the system that is established in Trenton. Its hard for any governor to add or cut from NJT without the state legislator anyway.

by MickD

There's gotta be much more to this. Besides, HE'S the one allegedly to have been blackmailed. My guess is he & the NJDP know he's bound to be indicted on something more serious sooner than later. I'm a former NJ resident with immediate family still living in state. Regardless of what it means to railroading, GOOD RIDDANCE.

by Metalrailz

Nah nah nah nah...nah nah nah nah...hey hey hey... goodbye!!!!

Hey I want to get paid $110,000 a year for a goverment job that I have no qualifications for whatsoever.

I work in the construction industry and I can tell you first hand that Mc Greedy had his hand in eliminating a few projects causing a few of our customers to downsize and even shut down operations.