• MARC as a gentrifier

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by writerthesp77

gprimr1 wrote:The only green line proposal I've seen is the one that goes up to White Marsh via Perring Parkway/loch raven corridor.

There is a proposed purple line that follows the Amtrak ROW out to Martin's Airport at least. That one is a bit more fictitious than the green line.

The TOD I was hearing about revolved around the area between BIDDLE and RIVER on the Amtrak Mainline.
I was asking because the "Green Line" ends at the hospital, but the state's own transportation plan has a station being built in the vicinity of the north end of the biotech park at the NEC. Has either Amtrak or MTA gotten on board?

I read in the paper that Senator Mikulski is seeking federal money for new rail cars and possible stations. Is the TOD you're referring to related?