• NYA Sunday dirt

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jtunnel

Heard horns at Maspeth Yard on Sunday. Went down to find the crew dropping off empty gondolas and picking up loaded gondolas for a quic ktrip back to Fresh Pond.

Few photos:

http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/ar ... x?id=23936

John
  by freightguy

Excellent shots, btw what had a more pungent odor the dirt cars, or "marker?" :wink:

by Scrap em Again

Oh yeah, he definitely was "airing out his pits" in this one LOL!

by Spartan Phalanx

Is this from the ESA Project?

by jtunnel

No, C&D place in Maspeth.

by jayrmli

Awww...that was sooo wrong.

(And yet, sooo right!) :-D

Jay

by emfinite

Between the front and the rear, I don't know what would have smelled worse...

Joe

by jtunnel

Easy guys,

I don't want to have to photoshop the crews out of the photos, or worry about other flying objects along the right of way next time I'm trackside. :-D

That day was hot and humid, working around those trash cars must not be fun even in the dead of winter. :(

by Scrap em Again

Ah dont worry about it, I think they will be OK. As far as trackside pics, Im known to throw stuff at people, beware of me! :-)

by alchemist

Even FRED has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

by BobLI

it would be very funny if the Brakeman on the rear was named Fred. Fred acting as a FRED! Sorry... couldnt resist saying that.

by RPM2Night

How long was he riding along on the back of the train? Like, how long is that trip?

by DogBert

RPM2Night wrote:How long was he riding along on the back of the train? Like, how long is that trip?
maspeth to fresh pond is a short distance. A few minutes by rail i would imagine...

by n2qhvRMLI

HOBO!