• Trainscan Website

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by trainiac

For years, Trainscan http://www.trainscan.com has been the chief online reference for the Canadian railfan community, listing news, rosters, reporting marks and data for Canadian (and to some extent American) railways.

The site as such would appear to no longer exist. The address above now gives a website entirely devoted to Tim Green. The addresses for all subsections (including all links from the still-operational CNCyclopedia) no longer exist.

This was a unpleasant and unexpected discovery. What gives?

by Ken V

Basically Tim gave up on it... and I don't blame him. He said it was too much work and that other internet sources did a better job of providing up-to-date information. While I don't agree with the latter statement, I know it took a lot of effort to keep it up. Tim had posted a statement regarding his decision on the site a while ago, but I guess it's gone now.

by trainiac

I guess it's been longer than I thought since I last checked it, since it was running last I checked... Well, I can understand that decision, since I'm familiar myself with website upkeep!