• Fun on the Green Line Today

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by WMATAGMOAGH

I got stuck in that mess, but luckily didn't have to wait too long for a shuttle bus to Prince Georges Plaza. However, following the advice of the WMATA staff at Fort Totten, I did not process my Smartrip there, and by doing so at PG Plaza instead, was unable to take advantage of the potential monetary savings the situation created.

The PG Plaza bus bays were swamped with people, it was quite a site. I really like the design of that station's bays, it is very much like the set up in many Toronto subway stations.

Unfortunately, I was unable to take advantage of the free ride offer this afternoon. I do wonder how many people though were unable to enter the system because they did not process their cards upon "exiting" this morning and had the "no potty rule" kick in as we call it.

by Love Train

What exactly caused this mess? Was it a sick passenger, stalled train, or police investigation? If the latter, what was the result?

Why were you on the Green Line today?