• NYA Stone train 2007

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by SwingMan

261,155,151,and159 and 40 cars.lirr415

by Plywoodhall33

emfinite wrote:I don't think so. I just checked my photographs and don't have any listed for that date. What was the consist that day?

Woodhall, I posted that at 3am! You should have checked the computer before you left!

Joe
Um yeah about that,I kinda had to goto brentwoon at 7:00 for my sisters SAT's and I woke up late lol

by emfinite

Nope, I didn't catch it that day.

Joe

by Plywoodhall33

Hmmm What about RS50 on Saturday Nights Leaving the Pine Air Siding?Does that operate on Saturdays(Ive seen Train on the siding on Saturdays)?If so it would leave the siding about 8:00 PM right?Thanks-Kyle

by tushykushy

Yeah they run Saturdays. Usually passes me around 8:35 going west. Assuming a stone train runs Saturday the RS-50 will retrieve the empty stone train Tuesday night. So instead of the usual 9:50PM time it passes over here, it's usually an hour or so later. Later if they can't get a slot.

by Plywoodhall33

Yes,I should probably get out to Deer Park Saturday about 8:00 PM so I don't miss it.Thanks for the info-Kyle

by Plywoodhall33

If I was filming on a weekend RS51 train,wouldn't the signal be clear after the 8:22 Train at Deer Park?

by tushykushy

RS-51, provided it runs on Saturday night, will follow the first westbound after 8 out of Deer Park. That's usually the slot they're given. If I were you just go to DP since you can definitely tell if it's going to run provided the headlights are on and power is on the west end of the DEF. You can usually get some good footage since they usually wait to line lock the switch clear, hence usually tying up the crossing.

The stone train is going to be sketchy for a bit, so don't bank every weekend for one. I know Dutch is good at informing people here on any potential stone runs and I usually get word of one Thurs/Fri from sources who shall remain anonymous.

by Plywoodhall33

tushykushy wrote:RS-51, provided it runs on Saturday night, will follow the first westbound after 8 out of Deer Park. That's usually the slot they're given. If I were you just go to DP since you can definitely tell if it's going to run provided the headlights are on and power is on the west end of the DEF. You can usually get some good footage since they usually wait to line lock the switch clear, hence usually tying up the crossing.

The stone train is going to be sketchy for a bit, so don't bank every weekend for one. I know Dutch is good at informing people here on any potential stone runs and I usually get word of one Thurs/Fri from sources who shall remain anonymous.
Thanks for the info,I have gone to Farmingdale,and DP about 7 times at 8 and I never saw a Freight train from 8-11