• RVL Terror Scare Today

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by JackieS

Okay, my train home on the RVL didn't come and didn't come... then it didn't come. No announcements, nuthin'. It finally arrived about 45 minutes late. Turned out there had been a brouhaha over a suspicious package in Fanwood. My regular conductor didn't take my ticket (only fair as I waited so long in the sweltering heat with yellow jackets surrounding me), but did stop to tell me that they shut the line down for dogs and cops.

The package seems to have turned out to be nothing. Of course, I saw a few folks taking it out on the conductor like it was HIS choice to stop the line.

by nick11a

Yeah, I think we can expect more of this too in the upcoming weeks. You never can be too careful in this day and age.
  by thebigc

JackieS wrote:. My regular conductor didn't take my ticket (only fair as I waited so long in the sweltering heat with yellow jackets surrounding me), but did stop to tell me that they shut the line down for dogs and cops.

And this is why railroaders don't like buffs; they talk too much!
  by nick11a

thebigc wrote:
JackieS wrote:. My regular conductor didn't take my ticket (only fair as I waited so long in the sweltering heat with yellow jackets surrounding me), but did stop to tell me that they shut the line down for dogs and cops.

I don't think I talk to much. (nick11a 1112 post since March 12) :)

No really, on the trains, I sit as quietly as I can and say as little as possible. I never let the conductor or anyone know I'm a railbuff. Jt once called me the "model passenger"- of course, that was before I knew him and before he knew me riding on his train.
  by thebigc

nick11a wrote:
thebigc wrote:

I don't think I talk to much. (nick11a 1112 post since March 12) :)

No really, on the trains, I sit as quietly as I can and say as little as possible. I never let the conductor or anyone know I'm a railbuff. Jt once called me the "model passenger"- of course, that was before I knew him and before he knew me riding on his train.
Nick,

You know I didn't mean everyone!

by nick11a

^I know BigC. Just havin' a little fun. :P

by JackieS

Well, they didn't seem to be taking tickets from most, if not all the passengers at that point. But he did stop by to tell me, which I thought was neat. :) He told me they weren't telling everyone at that time. However, when I got off the train, I heard an announcement go over the speakers. But it was nice to know when I got on what was going on. I would guess that they must've been told not to take tickets as it was so delayed. By the time it came, the next one was due in five minutes.

I'm not sure if I'm a buff or a good passenger. :D

by Jtgshu

JackieS wrote:Well, they didn't seem to be taking tickets from most, if not all the passengers at that point.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im SURE they collected tickets, but they must have just missed ya, thats all :wink: :wink:

by jfrey40535

its all a dog and pony show....

by Gruntled

My train was stopped at Hunter for almost an hour. For 20 minutes there was no announcement, then "we're waiting for an eastbound," followed by "we're waiting for an eastbound that had equipment problems," and finally, "there is signal trouble up ahead."

By the time these announcements were being made, I had already heard by other means there was a "bomb scare at Netherwood." So while the info wasn't perfect, it was closer that the disinformation coming over the PA!

Still don't have that communication thing down.