Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ryanov

Nope.

by Irish Chieftain

Whomever designed the GIFs sure had some active imagination. New York Central ACMUs for NJ Transit? Where's the pantographs...? (Funny thing is, the RDCs are missing from that page.)

They also have a very active imagination concerning the DL&W MUs, painting them in NJT colors (whereupon in real life they never were painted out of Lackawanna Green). Perhaps inspired by how SEPTA painted the Reading Blueliners into SEPTA corporate logo?

by Lackawanna484

Irish Chieftain wrote:Whomever designed the GIFs sure had some active imagination. New York Central ACMUs for NJ Transit? Where's the pantographs...? (Funny thing is, the RDCs are missing from that page.)

They also have a very active imagination concerning the DL&W MUs, painting them in NJT colors (whereupon in real life they never were painted out of Lackawanna Green). Perhaps inspired by how SEPTA painted the Reading Blueliners into SEPTA corporate logo?
-------------------

weren't a few of the Lackawanna side MUs painted in orange and red colors by NJT or NJDOT toward the end of their lives?

by njt4172

Lackawanna484 wrote:
Irish Chieftain wrote:Whomever designed the GIFs sure had some active imagination. New York Central ACMUs for NJ Transit? Where's the pantographs...? (Funny thing is, the RDCs are missing from that page.)

-------------------

weren't a few of the Lackawanna side MUs painted in orange and red colors by NJT or NJDOT toward the end of their lives?

Yup!! Starting in 1980 about 50-60 of them received the orange/red and cream paint scheme. There was also one repainted in the early 1970's into a white with dark blue and maroon trimings....

FYI, the Middletown & Hummelstown Tourist line in Pa. now has some of the cars in the red and cream paint...

Steve

Steve

by Irish Chieftain

OK, I stand corrected. Anyone have pix of those? I've never seen them.

Of course, the real trick is to produce a NJ Transit 1100-series ACMU...

by nick11a

Yes, the author of this site does have an active imagination.

But, do you see the Comet VI Bilevels on that site? Somehow, he designed and posted them online about a year before the desing became public. And when the real design came out, they matched his rendition remarkably well. Now how did he know that?

by thebigc

Irish Chieftain wrote:OK, I stand corrected. Anyone have pix of those? I've never seen them.
Yes, I have pix but I'm just too computer illiterate to figure out how to post them :(

by Mr Met

What about the C40-8WHCAT and Cf- 7's did njt ever have a cf-7

by transit383

Is this the paint scheme we are referring to on the MU's?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=68894

by Irish Chieftain

Mr. Met wrote:What about the C40-8WHCAT and Cf- 7's did njt ever have a cf-7
Look here to see what power NJT actually had. No CF7s, and certainly no C40-8WHCAT, whatever that may be (doesn't exist that I know of, but there are plenty of C40-8Ws pulling heavy freight out there)—and if the "C40-8WHCAT" did exist, it wouldn't be the loco used on either DL&W Cutoff or Montclair-Boonton service; that will most likely be the new PL42AC.

NJT also never had any SDP40 locomotives, nor did the B&O or CNJ—the only US railroad that had the rare SDP40 was the Great Northern.
transit383 wrote:Is this the paint scheme we are referring to on the MU's?
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=68894
That looks like the one referred to. Thanks; I never saw that paint scheme. Of course, the big question remains as to whether or not any Lackawanna MUs wore the NJT corporate "disco stripe" scheme as in the GIF on the web page in question...