• Strasburg Railroad

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

by Bel_Del

I was asked to take this off. So be it.

Liz
Last edited by Bel_Del on Tue May 22, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Mgoldman

Hi Lizzy
I followed the link to the site and noticed you left this line off -

- DO NOT POST THIS PAGE ON OTHER WEBSITES -

Anyway, as a paying participent, I am looking forward to this event.
I spoke with the gentleman working hard to pull off this very expensive charter and we are about 50% full. We'd love to have some of Railroad.net's audience join us as we need as many participents to help pay for the locomotive, coal, crew time and incidentals - preparing the engines, relettering and possibly extra insurance.

If the price is too steep, you are still welcome to photograph the event but as a courtesy to the members who put out hard earned cash and time, please stay clear of the photo line. There are many opportunities to shoot while we are on the train or at locations that do not interfere with the set photo lines.

These charters are ran for the opportunity to see these engines run a certain way, time and place and if the photolines are not respected by non paying members then they will cease to exist.

Did you know it can cost upwards of 5, 10 even $20,000 to rent a steam engine or two for such events? To keep costs down the organizers try to get between 20 to 80 participents to share the cost. The more participents the less the cost but many will pay double for the opportunity to shoot in a smaller crowd enabling more photo opportunities. Most charters barely cover the costs, whatever extra typically goes towards props, dinner and tips.

With that in mind, have a good time, join us, or shoot along side of us resprectfully, and remember to leave a donation with the railroad itself.