• Working on the railroad

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by ADBF1752

Does anyone know how the work conditions are on WNY&P? Do they treat the people fair? I don't imagine the pay is very good.

by PVRX1

I do not work there, but a couple people I know who do seem happy, they never have said any negatives. I think average pay was in the upper teens about 2 or 3 years ago.

by Luther Brefo

For questions on employment, I would recommend you contact the railroad about open positions and/or visit the Railroad Retirement Board for listings.

Also, here on RAILROAD.NET we have forums dedicated to this sort of question.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/index.php?c=4
  by railwatcher

ADBF1752 wrote:Does anyone know how the work conditions are on WNY&P? Do they treat the people fair? I don't imagine the pay is very good.

I do not like the "tone" of your questions concerning the WNYP. As far as their working conditions and employee relations, that is internal company business. But, as for the statemetn you made at the the end of this little blurb, that is reflective of an insult.

I do not work for the railroad. But, I am the moderator of this particular forum and will not allow what appears to be this kind of flame. I doubt that you would be leaving SE Michigan for employement in South Western NY. So as for fielding insults, do it on some other board. Comments like this surely would prohibit anyone from hiring you, advice, from me......be glad someone hired you in SE Michigan.

This topic is now LOCKED due to it's negative implications.