• Ramsey Rte 17 Station (Bergen/Main Line)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by CarterB

When the new Ramsey Rte 17 station opens, will there be express trains that will stop there, but skip stations such as Mahwah and Ramsey (Main St.) ?

by MSC34

I recall reading somewhere that trains stopping at the new station would skip the Ramsey Main Street Station.

by CarterB

What is the proposed opening date of the new Rte 17 station?

by andfluff

I'm not sure if they have an exact date yet, but from what I have heard, it should be some time this summer.

by ericware

The rumor is mid may. At that point they are going to revamp bergen / main service to be more frequent operate better. We shall see!

They claim that our line is going to be getting the Comet IIMs and the Comet IVs Cabs.

This should be interesting.
  by ryanov

I dunno about that time... there is no schedule change in May.

by ericware

Correction probably June then, they will have one April 25th, this will include a new Port Jervis Express Train in the AM And PM using the new exciting Comet V cars.

by CarterB

Will there be more express trains on the Bergen Line? I sure hope that some bypass Mahwah and Ramsey, since both towns fought NJT over the new station.

Would be nice even if some ran Suffern, Rte 17, Ridgewood, Rutherford and on in.

by NIMBYkiller

Does anyone know if Shortline, Adirondack Trailways, or Pine Hill Trailways plans on serving the station, or is the current Ramsey stop already near the tracks?

by JoeG

Is an extra track being built at the new station? I saw some equipment that I thought might be for that purpose....or is it only wishful thinking on my part?

by CarterB

Unfortunately, no third track, they are just 'spreading' the two tracks that exist.

by BlockLine_4111

I just got a glimpse of this station this weekend and the thing is BIG.

Has a very "corridorial" (i.e. NEC like) look to it too.

by n01jd1

Question is, How much of the parking at the new station will be by permit only? I know most stations on the former Erie, Most if all of the parking at stations is permit parking for residents only. If there is any non permit spots, they are few and far between and most of the non permit paking is metered. In short, it is very hard to park your car to take the train unless you happen to be a resident of one of the towns the line passes through.

by ericware

I know that this lot will be designed to take some of the parking stress off of Suffern. The station though will also have all of the Metro-North expresses stop at it. Where will they get the seats from on those trains, i would love to know. I guess time will tell.

by CarterB

Far as I know, one of the main reasons for the new station was a 'Park N Ride' for any and all area commuters, without need for permits, and to take the 'stress' off Ramsey and Mahwah for 'out of towners'. The new garage is huge and should encourage many commuters to use NJT.