• to/from 33rd St. & Hoboken....

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Idiot Railfan

TS Tom--

Finally somebody who understands me!!!!!

by JLo

TS Tom--

Finally somebody who understands me!!!!!
Frightening when you think about it. :wink:

by Irish Chieftain

Lackawanna484 wrote:
F40 wrote:If the delays are that severe, does NJT know about this?
The other question is:
Is there anything NJT can do about an Amtrak delay? Based on five years of riding the MidTown Direct from time to time, I doubt it.
NJT can't do anything about it short-term. Swift and Kearny were built, capacity got strained by that. They added the Montclair trains, Penn Station got jammed. SEC was built, things got even worse. It'd take a huge amount of dough from Washington to quadruple-track the High Line, add the proposed new two-track tunnel, plus somehow add platforms at NY Penn before things would get better. And of course, that would take more time and planning before any "first shovel of earth" got turned. This should have been planned for and executed decades ago.

by Tri-State Tom

IR -

I want a tug like you got !

by nick11a

On the Gladstone Branch, we have pretty good ridership on the two MidTOWNs and the Hobokens. Those who want to take the MidTOWN take the two and those who want to take the train to HOB and PATH do so to. Plus, those going to the WTC most likely would take the train to Hoboken to get the PATH to the WTC. But, the largest crowds I see on the platform are for the MidTOWN Directs. If you make it, they will come.