• Ever A Carlstadt Station?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Mwy0325

There was a station stop that was 8.7 miles from hoboken and 1.3 miles from the Woodridge/Moonachie station.

P.S.
I see your from Rutherford I live in North Arlington. We should have coffee and I could show this sometime.

by Tri-State Tom

wiz bang -

You remember the huge 'badminton birdie' lookalike structure that used to stand near these garbage mounds on the west side of the Pike ?

I think it was a garbage burning furnace of some sort. Can't recall when it was demolished....
  by Rich T

Sometime during the middle of 1967 the station partially burned and was demolished after September of that year. It was located in the northwest quadrant of what was at that time a grade crossing for Paterson Plank Road (Paterson Avenue).
  by duey

That would put it right where those concrete curbs are that I mentioned above. So a remnent of Carlstadts rail past remains. Come on you camera-toting railfans...get your shots in while you can!

Rich T wrote:Sometime during the middle of 1967 the station partially burned and was demolished after September of that year. It was located in the northwest quadrant of what was at that time a grade crossing for Paterson Plank Road (Paterson Avenue).

by rcbsd45

There also was a station at the Franklin Ave. Crossing, called appropriately, "Hasbrouck Heights". On the north side of the crossing you can still see the curbing where the platform once was, which now has a Shell Gasoline station located on that site between the track and Rte 17 Northbound. not sure when the station was removed from the timetables....maybe someone else can fill in the gap here.....

by duey

According to Wilson Jones's "The Pascack Valley Line," both the Carlstadt and Hasbrouck Heights stations, as well as the original Wood Ridge and Williams Avenue stations, were removed in 1967 to make way for the expansion of Rt. 17. :(

by duey

And while we're at it...curbing also remains at the site of the former New Milford station, as well as along the ROW of the former double track at North Hackensack.