• Service on the NYSW/Southern Tier - week of 4/16

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by SecaucusJunction

Has anyone seen any trains this week on the NYSW/Southern Tier?

by amoreho1

I've seen 1 train so far this week up here on the northern division

by Steve F45

i havne't seen anything in jersey besides the ws locals trying to do some work. The yard is empty pretty much.

How bad did it get hit up on the northern division?

by amoreho1

We only got about 6 inches of snow up here. also the train i saw was all ballest hoppers if that means anything

by washingtonsecondary

I read on one of the yahoo groups that an SU-100 is being made ready for departure to New Jersey.

by Steve F45

well a su-100 came down earlier today or it was just light power. I drove down to bogota and the 99 was sitting on the mc tracks with 4 units.

by washingtonsecondary

Might have been light power. The SU-100's power from yesterday was 3018, 3668 and 3022.

by Steve F45

washingtonsecondary wrote:Might have been light power. The SU-100's power from yesterday was 3018, 3668 and 3022.
yea this was 3618,3636 and the 2 csx leasers.

by lhrfan

I saw the 100 at Rich's deli this morning at about 6 a.m. 2 sd-40's, an sd-40-t2 and alco 3668, all on line. Just over a mile of train, according to the odometer in my van. I guess the guys were getting some breakfast!

by Steve F45

3018 was leading, followed by 3010,3668,3022.