Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
  by Aa3rt

Is anyone familiar with the "Wilson Creek Branch" of the B&O? A friend recently came into possession of a 1915 copy of a bridge inspection report for this branch but has no other information. I checked a couple of Official Guides (from 1947 & 1968) but could find no mention of this line. Is anyone familiar with it?

by BaltOhio

Wilson Creek was on a short branch off the S&C (Johnstown) branch at Rockwood, PA. Probably served a coal mine. I have no idea when it was built or abandoned.

by Malley

I know where it came off the S&C just a little north of Rockwood, but there is virtually nothing left.
A long time gone, near as I can tell.
Malley
  by mmi16

CSX for the past several years has been servicing a coal mine on the S&C Sub that is known to operations as 'Wilson Creek'. I don't know if this is on the original Wilson Creek Branch or not.