• Vermont (NECR) train frequency

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by brokenrail

Can anybody tell me how many trains run through Sharon, VT and at what times? Thanks

by gprimr1

Most freight trains are not scheduled but I believe the NECR does most of it's moves during the night and stages in Palmer during the day. Once the northbound Vermonter leaves Palmer (around 3:15-3:30) they can begin to move stuff north.

NECR Dispatcher-Trains: 161.205
NECR Trains-Dispatcher: 161.415

by shadyjay

Figure on an early afternoon departure from White River Jct (WRJ) for 323 (NB freight to St Albans) and a wee-hour arrival into WRJ for 324 (SB freight to WRJ and pts south). I'm judging this by the fact that 323 rumbles past my house in Waterbury (about 50 miles or so from Sharon) between 4 and 7pm and the 324 usually around 11, give or take.
  by BrianS

Channel 2, is used for dispatching, track warrants, ect. that is 161.205
Channel 1, is used as a secondary channel when somebody is one channel 2, that is 161.415. We use a simplex system, not a duplex system like the ST does. They have one freq for talking to the dispatcher, and another to talk to trains. For us, the same one does both sides of the conversation

Brian,
NECR conductor

by brokenrail

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that normal operations would include 3 daytime trains and one after midnight in Sharon. What are your guesses for future increases in traffic?