Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by RussM

I was on the 2:07pm New Haven bound train from GCT today. It got stuck in the tunnel. Apparently, one of the pantographs popped up, and they couldn't go forward or backwards. Had to wait most of an hour while mechanics were sent out to get it down. We then reversed into the platform at GCT, and changed trains. Yep, you guessed it. The second train was delayed for the old "door light "problem.

by DutchRailnut

I doubt it was pantograph if that goes up in tunnel it will probably be pushed trough the roof.

by Swedish Meatball

I was also on the 207 train and the engineer said the alerter for the pan up was going off . The crew locked down the pantographs and we went back to the terminal . That took over an hour and we traveled one mile.

by DutchRailnut

Ok alertor does not mean a Pantograph actually went up but it means the latch does no longer register to circuit.
I checked today no report of pantograph going up in tunnel.