• MEC #506 - "Guilford Fail System"

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by truman

Just developed a roll of film that has been in the camera for months, (not ready to go digital sorry) I don't know if it was a trick of light, grime, bad adhesive, or a disgruntled employee, but I just noticed that apparently the locomotive is owned by the GUILFORD FAIL SYSTEM. Anyone else seen this?

by GRSGuy

Yeah, there's several engines like that. Apparently the lettering is fairly easy to peel off....

by MEC407

375 had the "Fail" treatment shortly before it was wrecked, and I saw the 207 a few months ago and it had the "Fail" treatment as well.

by CN9634

Picture looks photoshopped to me. Note the consistance in color covering the R and how it looks out of place.

by MEC407

It's not a Photoshop job. I saw that unit with my own eyes at Rigby Yard shortly before it left the property never to be seen again. :(

http://mec407.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=307920

And the 207:

http://mec407.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=308553

by Jonny Bolt

LMFAO. Gillfid Fail System. HAHAAHAHAHAAAAAA.

by emd_16645

The 207 also has smilies drawn into the 0 on each front numberboards.

by CN9634

Thats odd. How come on all these units, the R seems to be turning into an F? It is quite funny though.

by MEC407

All it takes is somebody with a sharp object to cut off the appropriate parts of the "R" decal to turn it into an "F". Could be a bored hogger or conductor trying to keep himself occupied while sitting in a siding for hours on end. :P

* Disclaimer: vandalizing railroad property is bad, mmmkay?

by octr202

Employee commentary through humorous vandalism is hardly new, nor hardly limited to GRS/PAR.

The R's though do make it easy. :wink:

by conrail71

Hey that reminds me of my old BUICK. With a hammer and straight blade screwdriver I changed the "B" to an "F" and I removed the "I". My friends got a kick out of it but my (then) girlfriend's parents didn't care too much for it!
:wink:
Mike
  by Billmosh

Any info or help on this accident would be appreciated ?
  by NV290

Billmosh wrote:Any info or help on this accident would be appreciated ?
What accident?
  by NV290

The Guilford name manipulation is nothing new.

Fail system was common, as was "Culiford Rail system"

On the older units, it's not tape, it's whit paint that is easily chipped off. On some units it's black sharpie covering some of the white.

The most famous railroad logo manipulation i have seen in a long time, if not the most famous was the recent Norfolk Southern stallion "Modification" that ended up on the companies calender. I am not going to say what the modification was, but lets just say a certain part of the horse was added and nobody caught it before thousands of the calendars were printed.